While using computer, we need both single clicks and double clicks to perform certain actions. People, sometimes complain that their mouse double clicks even when they click the button only once. This is a problem that can make our working difficult, so before we fix the double click problem, we first need to ensure whether the problem is with mouse double clicking or something else?
So, you need to check the double clicking of your mouse, which is very easy with different tools available online.
Double-clicking can be an intentional swift act of clicking the mouse button two times in quick succession; it can also be an incorrect and unintentional operation whereby you click only once and the mouse interprets it as two, which can be due to many reasons, but mainly the mouse click settings are set in that way. This incorrect operation is also called a Double Taps error. This error is also likely to occur when the mouse has been in use for quite long and the resource has been wasted.
Various websites offer double click test tool/software to test double clicking of a mouse. The display shows three boxes labelled Left, Middle, and Right. These each log the click on the respective mouse buttons. A right mouse click is logged in the right box. The middle and left clicks in the middle and left boxes respectively. When the mouse double-clicks at any one point, the click will automatically be recorded as a double-click count and the status at the respective side of the box will change. This way you will be able to tell whether, if any, and which button of your mouse is double-clicking.
There can be several reasons for the problem, the most common being the following:
1. The double click speed is set too low in the main settings because of which your two single clicks are interpreted as double.
2. The mouse may be dirty and dust accumulation can result in such clicking problems.
3. If your mouse is wireless, signal interference also increases the chances of unintentional double clicks.
If you have identified a double click problem in your mouse by using a double click test for mouse, you can solve the problem in one of the following ways:
1. Repair the mouse yourself by trying to bend the spring correctly or by replacing the micro-switch. ( see how )
2. Use settings methods to resolve the problem. ( read this )
3. If none of the solutions is working, you can get your mouse checked by a professional hardware expert.
4. Replace your mouse because it may be defective.
If you feel that your mouse is double clicking, you can confirm your suspicion by using a double click test that will help identify unintentional double clicks.